Monday, March 16, 2015

On the road

First I need to thank Tom Walters for pointing out that we have not posted for a while, adding that he assumes (correctly) that we are off having a good time.  Yes, we have been traveling with our good friends and first guests of the year, Charley and Bert.  We had two great days in Naploli and are now on the Amalfi coast.  And, as with our last travels, we neglected to bring the USB cable for downloading pictures from camera to computer, so our beautiful shots of the spectacular sea and cliffs here, and of a day in the ruins of Pompeii, will have to wait until next week.

In lieu of pictures, I will share a short anecdote.  By now we know just enough Italian to get into trouble.  As a case in point, the four of us were having dinner on our first night in Napoli.  At the end of the meal we decided to share a single dessert.  I told the server we would like "una dolce con quattro cipole."  She looked at me strangely, as I had asked for one dessert with four onions (cipola = onion, cucchiaino = teaspoon).  I know, they are not even close--all I can say in my defense is they both start with a "c".

No comments:

Post a Comment